The Birmingham POE Advanced 2017 will be held June 25-30, 2017 at the University of Alabama,Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Click here to register: Birmingham POEA 2017 Registration
A link to the payment form is at the bottom of this page.
An early registration fee of $475 is offered for applications postmarked on or before March 1. After that date, regular tuition will be $525. The application deadline has been extended through May 5. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as enrollment is limited.
Please note that scholarship applications, which have their own timeline, require that the student has applied to the POEA and submitted other forms before consideration for a scholarship award can be undertaken. The scholarship link will connect you to important details found in “Pipe Organ Encounter Scholarship Assistance.”
Required Application Materials
Because the POEA provides a high level of pipe organ instruction and intense course study, it is expected that its students have achieved a high level of success in organ study. In addition to completing the Application to Attend form, applicants must submit an audition recording and other supporting materials in order to apply to the POEA:
- The audition recording must include 3 pieces: a composition by Bach, a Romantic or 20th Century work, and a hymn accompaniment. The recording may be uploaded as one recording file as part of the online application form process (accepted file types: mp3, m4a, wma) or sent on a CD to the registrar with your registration payment. A list of the recorded pieces is necessary with either option.
- A repertoire list of current and previous literature studied by the applicant should be uploaded as part of the online application. Accepted file types for this list are doc, docx, rtf, xls, xlsx, pdf, jpg.
- A recommendation from your teacher can be provided at this link: POE Advanced
Completing Your Application
- We are pleased that our online application procedure has been enhanced so that you may provide all of your information online. There is no need to submit this information separately as instructed in our POEA brochure.
- If you are sending the registrar a CD containing your recorded audition literature (rather than submitting a file online), please include your name, address, phone number, and email address on a separate page along with your audition list.
- Complete the payment form below and mail a check payable to Tuscaloosa POEA2017 in the amount of the appropriate registration fee and your audition CD and audition repertoire list (if not uploading your audition file online) with the Payment Form below to
Sherelyn Breland, Registrar
229 Oak Forest Drive
Pelham, AL 35124